Have you ever wondered why it is so hard to find a gentleman these days? I definitely have. I think they hard to find in todays society and why I am not really sure actually but I think one of the reasons is that young men today were never really taught how to be a gentleman. If you are never taught then well you most likely will never do.
So, I came across this amazing little guide for how to be a modern gentleman.
Tom Ford’s five easy lessons in how to be a modern gentleman, taken from Jefferson Hack’s intimate conversation via www.AnOtherMag.com:
1. You should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the world because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.
2. A gentleman today has to work. People who do not work are so boring and are usually bored. You have to be passionate, you have to be engaged and you have to be contributing to the world.
3. Manners are very important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. I always open doors for women, I carry their coat, I make sure that they’re walking on the inside of the street. Stand up when people arrive at and leave the dinner table.
4. Don’t be pretentious or racist or sexist or judge people by their background.
5. A man should never wear shorts in the city. Flip-flops and shorts in the city are never appropriate. Shorts should only be worn on the tennis court or on the beach.
I hope that you maybe learned nothing from this post because you already follow these 🙂 and if you did learn say 5 important points about how to be a modern day gentleman that you actually take them forward and use them in your day to day lifestyle.The Forever Modern Gentleman: Tom Ford.
Now just a side note about this. I once saw this guy and he had never heard some of these things (particularly how lovely it is when a guy opens your door or when he has you walk on the inside of the street). So when I told him and he started doing them it was the most amazing. So hopefully now whoever he meets next he will do the same things for her and never forget some of the basic skills that helped make him be a gentleman. So I guess point of my story is that even if he does not know you, the lovely women or man you are, can tell him and he can learn and you will be pleasantly surprised and happy the first time he opens that door for you.